Katelyn’s Closet Sacks
Member Lu Obarowski is coordinating this project.
There is a great need for sacks, which will be filled with new clothing by Katelyn’s Closet for children whose lives are in some kind of turmoil.
The design is simple:
- Lay 1 yard fabric down with long side at upper edge, right side down; selvages will be on the sides.
- Fold over 1/4 inch fabric and iron.
- Fold over again, this time approximately 1 and 1/4 inch.
- Putting right sides together with selvages touching, sew the side and bottom seams.
- Turn sack right side out and insert cording or rope into the fabric casing created at the top.
To participate in the project, please make sacks and bring them to monthly meetings, Quilt Ins or directly to Katelyn’s Closet located at 33 North Main Street, South Yarmouth, MA.
Lu Obarowski is coordinating this project; please see the membership book for Lu’s phone number or email address